Michelin Challenge Design today announced that due to the tremendous response to the 2017 Michelin Challenge Design, Le Mans 2030: Design for the Win theme, the deadline for entries is being extended from May 1 to August 1, 2016
“Through our collaboration with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest, we want to provide an opportunity for those who become aware of the program around the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hour race, June 18-19, to enter the Le Mans 2030: Design for the Win competition,” said Thom Roach, Vice President OE Marketing, Michelin North America.
Extending the deadline for entries until August 1 provides additional time for students, designers, enthusiasts and prospective designers from around the world to share their ideas and vision for the future.
Michelin Challenge Design also announced the following recognition and awards for the First, Second and Third place winners.
- Hosted by Michelin Challenge Design at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS-Detroit). Includes airfare, hotel accommodations and airport transfers for the sole designer or, in the case of a team design, one team representative.
- Entry credentials for Press Days and Industry Preview days at NAIAS (January 9-12, 2017).
- Invitation to attend and recognition at the private Michelin Designer’s Reception, Monday, January 9.
- Private Portfolio Review with members of the Michelin Challenge Design Jury.
- Recognition on www.michelinchallengedesign.com and www.cardesignnews.com.
In addition, the 2017 Michelin Challenge Design First Place winner will be recognized at the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours race. Additional details to be announced.
Michelin Challenge Design may also recognize a select number of entries for Honorable Mention which will be publicized on the Michelin Challenge Design and Car Design News web sites.
The Michelin Challenge Design 2017 – Le Mans 2030: Design for the Win – invites you to create a breakthrough race car to win the Le Mans 24 Hours in the year 2030. Entrants are encouraged to utilize future-looking technologies, innovations, and pioneering problem solving skills to design a car that reinforces the premium brand image of a company that is either famous for its historical successes, or ready to elevate its brand through a Le Mans 24 Hours win.